Thursday, July 25, 2013

Returning Home

 
 St. Mary's, oh how I've missed you throughout these summer adventures. This has been a season to remember: driver's ed., a trip to Hawaii and soon New York, taking senior pictures, swing dancing with my boyfriend, and wonderful concerts with my St. Mary's girls. Even with all of these fun activities to occupy my time, I can't help but be pumped about the upcoming school year. My schedule is packed with classes that I imagine being less than easy, but I don't mind. The challenges to come are always rewarding, and adjusting to a new schedule makes you feel as though you've got a great year ahead of you. I'll admit that it is hard to focus on summer homework when all I can think about is returning to my beloved dance company. The past two and a half years with these dedicated young women has been a treat, and it's where I belong. Hearing about everyone's summer experiences of trips, classes, and blossoming friendships makes the first few months of school a breeze with so much to reminisce about. The prospect of being a senior is a little daunting, but I know that 2013-2014 will bring with it the best of memories here at SMA.